VoLTE offers HD Voice Calling, also known as high definition calling.
Verizon Wireless says after Jan. 1, 2020 all devices must be VoLTE and HD voice capable. You can see the official notice from Verizon by clicking HERE
According to Verizon, “HD Voice is a suite of services enabled by VoLTE (Voice over LTE) technology. VoLTE delivers voice calls over the 4G LTE network instead of the traditional voice network, providing clearer, more natural sounding audio when both parties are using HD Voice-enabled phones that are connected to our 4G LTE network.”
Why do you need it?
Voice over LTE (VoLTE) means better sounding voice calls and the ability to use voice and data at the same time, among other things. Here are facts you should know about the next-generation wireless network technology.
- Simultaneous Voice and Data Calls
- Better Quality Voice Calls
- No Increase in Voice Charges *
- Not Every Phone Supports VoLTE
* Since this type of calling utilizes the data network, you might assume that your minutes affect your data allotment. Fortunately, that’s not the case. In fact, the networks are smart enough to identify voice packets, and they don’t lump them into your data usage.